The 6” Cyalume ChemLight lightstick (15cm) for the military
The 6” ChemLight lightstick (15cm) was developed more than 45 years ago at the request of the U.S. Navy. Manufactured in France for the Europe/Middle East/Africa zone Armed Forces, it is activated by simply bending and shaking the lightstick. The lightstick, also called sometimes Coolight, then generates reliable lighting used as tactical lighting for training or in the theater of operations. The SnapLight produces 360° of high performance light. It is:
- phthalate free,
- visible at up to one nautical mile (approximately 1.6 km).
The Cyalume lightstick does not generate heat, flames, gas or sparks and it is nonflammable and non-toxic.. It is totally autonomous and always ready to use, requiring no maintenance. It is a reliable source of light which operates dependably and has a shelf life of 4 years starting from its date of manufacture. The expiration date is indicated on the packaging.
The ChemLight lightstick used by armed forces all over the world is a means of lighting, marking out or identification. It is used as a light source or as a marker light for a wide variety of applications.
Packets (products in the same color)
Durations and colors
8 hours | Blue, White, Infrared (IR)
24 hours | Green, Yellow, Red, Orange, Blue, White
3 hours | Infrared (IR)
30 minutes | Yellow-HI, Red-HI, Green-HI, Blue-HI, White-HI
5 minutes | Orange Ultra-HI
3 years for ChemLight Infrared (IR) 3h and 8h
2 years for ChemLight Orange Ultra-HI 5 minutes
Dimensions and Weight (single non wrapped)
Diameter: 17 mm
Weight: 20 grams
The 6” Cyalume ChemLight (15cm) at the service of the Armed Forces
The 6” Cyalume ChemLight lightstick (15cm) is also called simply a Cyalume. It is used for lighting and marking purposes by the Army, Air Force and Navy, in their specific applications and according to specific protocols of use.
Military forces use Cyalume lightsticks to illuminate, mark, identify or mark out objects, as tactical lights, both for training and in the theater of operations. Cyalume lights are available as visible and infrared lights. They can and have already contributed to saving lives….
There are many examples of how Cyalume products are used by the Army. For instance:
- Personal or collective lighting for which the light stick is used as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE),
- Marking and identification of war fighters, Identification Friend or Foe (IFF),
- Marking out of routes, marking of zones for medical triage or sanitary evacuations (MEDEVAC),
- Emergency lighting in field hospitals,
- Marking of vehicle convoys, route marking,
- Illumination of the battlefield, assistance with progression through smoke,
- Regulation marking of buildings especially during street fighting,
- Marking devices or people,
- Target spotting,